Team Poker Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running Good but.......

3 posters

Go down

Running Good but....... Empty Running Good but.......

Post  three33320 Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi guys . Some great posts on here. Well I would first of all say that my poker strategy seems to be improving. Ive moved up a level in the tournies and cashing regular. My cash game for a couple of weeks has also been steady and profitable somewhat. Im always aware that we all have good runs and bad runs and when we start to get good hand how should I put it, (donked) thats the word. I slow down. Because when that bad run on you its horific. As I said earlier Ive been running good. This morning I went on for a game .(cash) 10/20. I always play 10/20 because I think thats about the limit where the all in merchants dont venture much. Most of the players on these 10/20 players are regulars and a lot play multi table up to ten tables. I have a range of hands that I would normally play depending on my position on the table. This morning I deposited £20 the max for thes tables and played accordingly most of the game in the first half hour my stack was over £20. Now this is when it all went wrong and I know we have all been there at some point in our poker life. I was in LP and hit AK diamonds about 4 player ahead of me PF just call the blinds. I raised knowing that I was in POS next round. Got 3 callers one MP and one EP. Flop came AK5. The EP raised to £2. the MP folded and I raised to £5 hitting the top two pair hoping to get value with my top cards. The EP shoved and I called. He showed his QQ against my AK. I was miles ahead and thought I was doubling up. Turn came 5 and river came Q. I was gutted but that happens so I re loaded and carried on won a couple of hands and then this Happened my cards AA flop A34 same player shoved all in with 56 open ender str8 draw. missed the turn but hit a 2 on the river. I thought time to go for me and contain my emotions. Im still in profit from last week but a bit sick.
three33320
three33320

Back to top Go down

Running Good but....... Empty Re: Running Good but.......

Post  jjjach Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 am

Hi three nice to see you moving up in stakes in tourneys.Also getting some nice cashes while you sre up there,so you know that you were right to move up and you can compete with these guys.As for the cash games you were unlucky with the qq hand.I'm sure now you've had time to reflect, that you want the guy to get it all in with qq when there is ak on the flop.Keep looking for him three,he will keep you in profit alone.Gl in tourneys and on the cash tables.
jjjach
jjjach

Back to top Go down

Post  Pokertrev Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 am

Hi Three.
Nice to see you enjoying the higher levels and cashing in a few.

Bit unlucky with those two hands in the cash game, but as JJ says, I am happy to be called by oppo with QQ when the board is AK, this is a losing hand for him in the long term, he just got lucky on this occasion.

The up & down straight draw is pretty standard, I see Pro players getting the chips in with hands like these all the time, so no surprise with this one.

Negranu called a 250K raise in the WPT last night, he had 910h suited, flop was 8AJ with 2 hearts, opp shoves all-in and Negranu snaps him off - negranu becomes CL.
Pokertrev
Pokertrev
Admin

http://www.teampokertitans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down