Team Poker Titans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sit & Goes

3 posters

Go down

Sit & Goes Empty Sit & Goes

Post  Pokertrev Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:02 am

Are they worth sitting at or should they just go?

I've played quite a few DYM's in the past but never seem to make too much profit. I get board or frustrated with them, simply because all I do is sit there folding hands and that is how you make them pay. Not me though lol, I end up playing them like an MTT and then just start donking my roll off one after another.

Anyone els got the patients to play these?
Pokertrev
Pokertrev
Admin

http://www.teampokertitans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sit & Goes Empty Re: Sit & Goes

Post  jjjach Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:15 am

Hi trev i have played dyms in the past.I play poker for fun which means normally 1 table so i can chat.When i play dyms it's 4 so i'm on mini,as i only have a laptop,so i concentrate just on poker.This means fold fold fiold.Fold aj aq kj kq etc early on.AK and pairs that's all.Throw away pretty QJ suited or any suited cards they are worthless in my opinion.Let the guys knock each other out and limp into every pot,don't get involved.Just remember chips are priceless and don't lose any.Just remember this is not a tourney.Having 10bb doesn't mean a shove.You can be real short and still be in it.Your better than players at that level so you will win in the long run.A short story.I was playing a 2 pound dym and had johnconnor on my left.You may say that isn't good.To me that is good...why you my ask.Everytime it got folded to me when i was on sb i would min raise and johnconnor would fold.Did he know i was stealing,of course he did, but he has patience and won't be dictated to.When he comes into a hand i will know!Steer clear of good players when they come into a pot.Pick on bad players and remember 3 get paid.I very rarely finish with the most chips but i always finish with the same money.Gl trev.
jjjach
jjjach

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingDagg Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:33 am

Blimey jj thats even tighter than I thought you played. Surely it depends on position too or are you talking about hole cards in early position?Personally I think thats just too tight but each to their own. Interesting what you said about JC. He obviously plays his hands on his own terms but doesn't that make him too predictable?
Trevor I would stick to the regular sit n gos if you want to play them and ignore the DYMs you obviously don't have the patience for them. I play a few now and again and I do have the patience to sit and wait. I'm not sure about my sdtats exactly for sit n go it could be about 50/50
FlyingDagg
FlyingDagg

Back to top Go down

Post  jjjach Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 am

Hi dagg johnconnor devonfish and kevcoke are players who are grinders.They play 10-16 tables they have to play abc because the press buttons that's all.Does that make them predictable,yes a little.So that's what i use against them.As i said i can't outplay these guys so i will use what i know about them against game.This means watching them play checking their sharkscopes and putting notes on them.If you play lots of dyms you need to know who to avoid.Top three get paid that is so important.I don't play many hands early on as there is no point.If i raise with aq i'm still getting 3 callers and sometimes 5 i do not need that rubbish.My plan is to let them knock each other out and get 4 handed.I reckon at micro stakes level my game is better than most of theirs.First rule don't get knocked out early.Get 4 handed and see what happens.The game can be played so much better than that, but that is the only way i can play.Patience and just fold for england.
jjjach
jjjach

Back to top Go down

Post  Pokertrev Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 am

Cheers for the replies guys.
I understand where JJ is coming from, my bro plays this tight too and from what I have seen of johnConner he is pretty tight in these too, but he does know when he should be shovin or folding in the latter stages.

I need a way of building my role to compensate for the Satelites I keep playing in - I got a funny feeling my downfall in DYM is the limited time I have to play them.........

I can only play them in the evening after work, so i'm probably rushing them before my MTT's start I suppose. Just wish I had more time to grind away at them.
Pokertrev
Pokertrev
Admin

http://www.teampokertitans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum